Combining quality and experience to ensure you keep your smile for life.
WHY GENERAL DENTISTRY?
Our general dentist in Redmond, WA uses modern and non-invasive technologies to make your general dentistry experience comfortable for you and your family.
We offer the following general dentistry options at Smile Artistry.
Our focus is to improve your oral and overall well-being. See how we do that with the following services.
- A full series of digital x-rays
- Oral cancer screening
- A thorough and gentle cleaning of your teeth
- A one-on-one conversation with your dentist
Every smile is different and we dedicate your appointment times as your opportunity to ask us any questions or concerns you may have. We’re an open book and will do everything possible to ensure your visit isn’t a waste of your time.
Also called caps, crowns securely cover fractured or broken teeth. They also replace old over-sized fillings. For a permanent restoration that identically matches your teeth, we are now able to combine beauty and strength with the use of space-age materials. Primarily, we use all glass crowns rather than the traditional metal and porcelain crowns. They allow for a more conservative approach with less removal of valuable tooth structure. These crowns are an excellent choice to lend strength, beauty, and longevity to damaged teeth.
Bridges are a fixed or non-removable prosthesis constructed to replace one or more missing teeth. The teeth on either side of the existing space anchor the bridge. We are now able to construct beautiful full porcelain bridges and porcelain over metal bridges to produce beautiful aesthetic results.
- Eat your favorite foods: Missing teeth or unstable dentures make it tough to chew and eat. Dental implants function just like natural teeth, becoming a stabilizing root to help you eat your favorite foods with confidence.
- Speak with clarity: Slippery and sliding dentures make speech very difficult, causing you to slur or mumble your words. However, dental implants are securely placed within your jawbone, giving you the ability to speak clearly and with confidence.
- Stop jawbone deterioration: When you’re missing teeth, the jaw doesn’t have the support it needs, so it starts to deteriorate. In turn, this creates a sunken look, making your face appear saggy. Dental implants mimic the tooth root, giving your jawbone the stabilization it needs and stops the deterioration process.
Normally, you would need to see an outside professional to place implants. That’s not the case with Smile Artistry. Our in-house dentist has the education and experience to place and restores dental implants right here in our office. You’ll see the same provider from start to finish, giving more precise and accurate results.
Root canals are the last line of defense to save your natural tooth. If the tooth nerve (also known as the pulp) becomes severely damaged or infected, your Redmond dentist is able to use root canal therapy to save your tooth. This includes:
- Removing the infected pulp
- Cleaning and sealing the canal with strong dental materials
- Placing a restored crown
Root canals have received the stigma of being a painful procedure. We’re here to tell you that’s not the case! In fact, root canals actually relieve pain. Using non-invasive technology, we perform root canal therapy efficiently and comfortably. We’re confident you’ll hardly feel a thing and will ensure you’re comfortable from start to finish.
- Heart disease
- Preterm birth
- And so much more
We have the skills and technology to remedy a host of oral problems, including those resulting from periodontal (gum) disease. As part of our general dentistry services, gum therapy is crucial to help stop gum disease in its tracks and get your smile on the right path to optimal health.
It is of key importance to the success of every major dental procedure to have the bite analyzed and corrected. In addition, NMD is often used on intensive cosmetic cases to analyze optimum jaw and bite position. In our opinion, it is crucial that NMD is readily available to any patient that undergoes a smile makeover.
To evaluate the “bite” or see if there is a TMJ problem, our practice uses a device that completely relaxes specific facial muscles. Once the muscles are relaxed, we are able to compare your usual bite with the relaxed jaw position. We can then determine whether your bite should be adjusted.
Below are a few of the more common symptoms that may possibly be associated with your bite. If you suffer from one or more of the following, you may wish to be evaluated to rule in or rule out malocclusion (bad bite) as a cause.
- TMJ pain – jaw pain, especially when chewing
- TMJ noise – clicking noises when eating
- Jaw is locking (when open or closed)
- Limited jaw opening
- Jaw clenching
- Teeth grinding
- Facial pain
- Ear pain
- Neck, shoulder, or back pain
- Difficulty swallowing
- Sensitive teeth, unexplained loose, cracked, worn, or chipped teeth
- Pauses in breathing
- Restless sleep
- Excessive weight
- And so much more
The team at Smile Artistry can help you combat sleep apnea. Our sleep apnea mouthpieces are comfortable and can stop snoring, allowing your brain to get the oxygen it needs. Talk to us about our sleep apnea mouthpieces.
HELPING YOU GET THE DENTAL CARE YOU NEED
We’re dedicated to providing a warm and welcoming visit.
We are preferred providers for:
‘‘Just had my teeth cleaned and must say it was the best cleaning I have ever had! The hygienist was gentle, yet thorough. The office staff is very pleasant and I always have a great experience.’’
Jennifer C., Actual Smile Artistry Patient